Monday, October 5, 2009

A Simpler Way of Life

Tonight was the kick-off of my first class on issues of sustainability. In my opinion, it went really well. We did some getting to know each other, made some journals for note-taking during the class (or whatever we wanted) with recycled materials for which I have been dumpster diving for the past couple of weeks, and talked about some of our preconceived notions of sustainability. Then watched a pretty good video clip from ABC about a family that strives to live a simple, sustainable life. It's worth the 8 mins it takes to watch. Check it out here. Then we talked about how this video affected our views. I wish we would have had more time to chat because I could talk about this stuff all day, but I really do think it went well. I will keep you all updated on how it goes and let me know if you have any ideas!

No comments: