Sunday, August 16, 2009

Dear Blog,

I have not forgotten you, but instead have forgotten to bring my camera to Knoxville where I am visiting Andrew *yay* so I feel that I should delay the post from our family vacation in Italy a bit longer. Sorry readers! Pictures are worth a thousand words and since I don't have time to write a thousand words, I need pictures. :)

In the mean time, I have decided that once I move to school (next weekend), I am really going to make a very pro-active attempt to go natural/organic on everything I use/consume (or at least as many things as I can). Last year was a good first try. I bought all organic veggies and some meat on my weekly trip to the local farmer's market- really increasing my veggie intake in addition to eating better, healthier veggies. But this year I am determined to do more- to not just use "green" cleaners bought at Costco, but make my own and I also really want to make my own shampoo. I have found what appears to be a decent recipe and I will let you know the results. Two other things I never made myself but really want to... Bread and laundry detergent. We'll see how those go and I will keep you updated on my adventures. I really wish I could keep a garden, but I don't think that will work out since I am in a dorm. :( Anyways, lots of pictures and such to come once life slows down a bit.

In other news, Sam has moved into Georgia Tech. It was a great move-in and I think he is really excited. He will love living in a big city with lots of opportunities to explore. My prayers and well-wishes go out to him and all of those other college freshman adventuring out for the first time. What an exciting period of life! Also, wedding planning is moving on a bit. I have decided for sure on wildflowers and am contemplating going DIY on all the flowers in the ceremony with my awesomely creative and generous Aunt Kathy! She is awesome and I think it would be a fun project to take on. In the mean time, I designed centerpieces for the reception tables which include lots of thrifted glass vases of different shapes and sizes. I've started collecting such vases with much luck thus far. So I am starting to get excited! (Will post pictures soon.)

But that about wraps it up for now. Hope you all have a great week!

PS- These posts on gourmet.com are great about frugal living. They make you laugh and have great ideas about taking life back to the basics.

No comments: