Sunday, August 30, 2009

Homemade Laundry Detergent

College life is staying pretty busy as suspected. It's taking some time just to get adjusted to the new time schedule, but all is well. I am in two art classes: drawing and digital photography which will both be great, but BAD NEWS, I am a horrible drawer. I knew this going into the class. I really just want to learn. So today I picked up my sketch pad and tomorrow I'll be getting my pencils to get my drawing on. This weekend I went to an art exhibit downtown and volunteered at the Memphis Botanical Gardens. They are fabulous so if you're in the area you should definitely check them out.

Anyways, my exciting adventure today was to make some All-Natural Laundry Detergent. Directions:

1 cup grated soap
1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup washing soda

Mix well and add essential oils if you want. You are supposed to use Ivory Soap, but I had some all-natural soap laying around so I am trying that. I haven't actually used this detergent yet, but I have heard rave reviews. It is much healthier than all of those chemicals in your typical store-bought detergents and much much cheaper. I will have to let you know how it works out!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for posting on my blog:) I know I looked pretty crazy dressed as a strawberry:) But anything for the kids...I am going to try to no poo thing. I'm excited, and my hair doesn't usually get too greasy so I think it will be a cool experiment not using products.
Your raw friend sounds smart:) Maybe I could come out to your school and do a class. Maybe vegan and raw for a broader audience...I am teaching a class this weekend at Greenlife and I will be doing more. I would love to maybe do a class with YOU...you could share your awesome all natural green alternative home rememdies and I can make some all natural healthy foods. I think that would be super fun! I know you don't have a lot of time to plan...but I could take care of those type of details. Just a thought...talk to u soon:)