Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy Few Days

Boring again without any pictures, but I wanted to give an update since these last few days have been packed with lots of fun. Thursday, we went to go see Verdi's Ernani, a great tragic opera, at the local and renowned opera house, Teatro Bellini. The house is beautiful inside and out and is only a block or so away from the Centro and in the same Palazza as my favorite gelataria. yumm.... Friday we went on our weekly field trip to Taormina (see previous post about it for pictures). We saw a really awesome Hellenistic/Roman theater in the morning and spent the afternoon at the beach :) The weather was gorgeous, but unfortunately purple jellyfish inhibited our ability to swim. They were really pretty, but really poisonous and EVERYWHERE. It was still nice to hang out on the beach with friends though.

Saturday we went to Lipari, one of the Aeolian Islands off of the north coast of Sicily. Once again,
the weather was gorgeous and after riding a hydrofoil to the island, we spent the day at the beach swimming in the clear, cool water and lounging in the sun. I actually got a bit of a tan woohoo!! and also tried the famed granida- Italian ice. So good!! Here's a picture of me and some friends hanging out by the beach.

As for today, I will be spending the day hashing out that one BIG paper I spoke of in my last post. But the sun is once again shining brightly so I may just have to go sit in the courtyard and experience the beautiful Sicilian weather for a bit :)


Favorite blog of the moment: Design Mom Thanks to Aunt Kathy for introducing me. This is actually the blog where I found Design*Sponge. But Design Mom is also great for lots of creative ideas such as food, crafts, and beekeeping. Definitely check it out if you are wanting to be inspired!

Until later, hope all is well at home!

No comments: