Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My First Green Smoothie


So appropriate for my first official photo blog, I have a photo of my first green smoothie ever. Green smoothies are part of the "Raw Foods" movement, which emphasizes eating fresh fruits and veggies. One of their more popular recipes is that for the "Green Smoothie," a smoothie made from fresh fruits and veggies. Check out a very simple explanatory website here. Interested in eating healthy this summer, I stumbled upon this idea and with an abundance of strawberries leftover from Sam's graduation parties, I decided to make this my brunch. I used two bananas, a cup or two of strawberries, and some romaine lettuce. Then I blended and chilled in the fridge before drinking. As you can tell, I went heavy on the fruit and light on the veggies and instead of a green smoothie, ended up with a pink one, but it was super tasty. This recipe did make a lot of smoothie so next time I may go with one banana and mine was also a little too chunky so I would blend it a little more next time. That said, it was a very good attempt for the first time in my opinion and I'm sure my body is happy with all its new nutrients. I am going to try to be making lots of these throughout the summer for breakfast and such so be looking out for more pictures. Have a great day!

No comments: