Monday, May 25, 2009

Back home and settling in...

So I made it back to the US just in time to see my brother, Sam, win the State Championship for baseball for the second year in a row and graduate from high school. Two really great events, which have kept me very busy in addition to hanging out with Andrew and my family and attempting but mostly failing to see some friends. I will be sure to get in touch with everyone soon though!! Life has just been extra busy and exciting.

It took me a bit of time to get adjusted back to the American way of things. The Englishness made my head hurt and with the jetlag and trying to fit in a billion things at once, I got a bit overwhelmed. But that said, though I loved Catania and my semester abroad and would not trade it for anything else, I am so glad to be home! I have decided to continue this blog and though the writing topic will change, I am not going to create a new blog for ease sake. Instead, I am going to keep this one and make it a photo-a-day blog. I was inspired by a family friend to create a blog that posts a photo a day and blogs a bit about it. I love that idea as I love photography and journaling. Though I might try and fail at the one photo a day idea, I am going to try my hardest to keep it updated with as many one a day photos as I can. I hope you will enjoy it and continue to post comments! I love hearing from everyone! Anyways, with all of the festivities lately, I have about a billion pictures. For the blog for today however, I have picked a picture of Sam and I right after the graduation ceremony. I am a very proud big sister! He will be heading to Georgia Tech this fall to play baseball and study a bit ;)


No comments: