Friday, February 19, 2010

This Past Weekend

So I'm a little late on my Valentine's Day weekend post because this week has been no less than CRAZY but here goes :)


Andrew and I met up in Nashville after a long three weeks of being far away. It was fabulous. Mostly our weekend revolved around food and fellowship (but that might be how it always is in the South?). Friday night we met up with my mom and ate at Bosco's. SO TASTY! Above are pictures from my phone (sorry for the poor quality). These are the appetizers. Left is Andrew's artichoke with tastiness (some kind of gunk wonderful) baked inside and on the right- me and my mom got tasty oysters. The night was spent catching up and laughing and watching the opening ceremonies to the Olympics (sweet!).

Saturday, I worked a lot on a photography project, which I was critiqued on this week and I think went pretty well (at least half of it did)... I will need to post pictures soon. Saturday night Andrew brought me a beautiful bouquet of wild flowers and took me on a wonderfully romantic date to an Italian eatery in Nashville, Maggiano's. Once again, SO TASTY! We spent the night chatting and laughing and loving.

Sunday, we went to our second class of premarital counseling, which is always insightful (maybe I will have to post what I learn some time) and sadly parted ways after exchanging Valentine's Day gifts. Andrew made me this super cute collage with a really sweet message on the back.


Now I'm back to Memphis. Fast forward through a week of craziness here in Memphis, with lots of meetings and you meet me here on a beautiful sunny Friday which I have spent reading a great book on the couch with the windows wide open. Tomorrow I will be "mentoring" at a conference called Peace Jam and celebrating World Day of Social Justice. Hope you have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! What a sweet V-Day weekend, Allison. Your boy seems so winning, and I hope I get to meet him some time. Plus, YAY World Social Justice Day! :D

-ASZ

mrs. c said...

HAPPY WORLD SOCIAL JUSTICE DAY! We have had signs in our yard for over a year about Darfur, you know uncle jeff...he is my social awareness compass and I love him for that, i'm sure that your sweet andrew is the same way! hope you are doing ok, take your vitamins to keep your strength up with such a busy schedule! quick question...does the addition of music on my blog enhance or distract?? be honest!