Monday, February 22, 2010

Part I of the Weekend: World Day of Social Justice



This weekend was crazy fun! So much so, that I will be posting in several parts just so you can get the magnitude of it's awesomeness. This weekend kicked off with our celebration of World Day of Social Justice. A group that I am part of at school, GlobeMed celebrated by raising awareness of social justice issues and our common humanity through these super cool, bright yellow bumper stickers that each had an educational fact or proverb. We were sticking them on people, walls, doors, notebooks, water bottles.... everything and anything so that people would hear us out. I was asked several times throughout the day about their significance, allowing me time to talk about social justice issues that mean a lot to me. Mine read:
"Ubuntu: 'I am because you are.'"
It's a South African proverb.



Haiti's GDP: $11.5 billion
Goldman Sacks bonus pool: $20 billion

"The only real nation is humanity." -Paul Farmer

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbuntu: the linux operating system distribution

is that a 50mm 1.8f lens with such a wonderful bokeh ?

Allison said...

yes it is! it is my favorite lens. I use it on my Nikon D70.

mrs. c said...

I am getting a new lens...it's on it way and it is a 35 mm 2.0 and I am soo excited! I usually use a 18-200 but it is so big I want something lighter. Can't wait to try it!