Monday, January 4, 2010

Wood Carving

I really want to learn how to carve wood. I don't want to take a class, but I'll read books and watch videos. Really I just want to pick up a piece a wood, start carving, and see what happens. Sorry by the way for the lack of posts. What I thought would be a lot of spare time for blogging has been a lot of spare time for family and friends like the lunch I am about to go to to see a great high school friend. I will have to update later about such things. Till then, enjoy the crisp air. And thank you all for the many comments via this post, phone calls, e-mails, and facebook posts about my flowers!! I have lots of ideas and will make some decisions soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I've been wanting to do the same! We should learn together (remotely). :-)

I've also found that vacation has not equaled time blogging (though it has equaled lots of time for reading and for Desirae!)...maybe I'll get back into the habit soon.

And I love the wildflower/rose combination idea, as well as ivory/blush with navy. Throw in a touch of pear & sage (or dusty turquoise), and it sounds to me like the best wedding palette ever!

ASZ

Anonymous said...

Ditto on liking the roses and wildflower combination! I still like idea of small-ish bouquets also. (Like the 2nd from the top on the right!)

I went through a major carving phase in elementary school. I used to practice on soap all the time. I was an odd child.

Love you!

Your MO :)