Saturday, January 16, 2010

Japanese Food

Andrew's sister sent Andrew and I the ingredients to make a tasty traditional Japanese feast for Christmas. It was a great idea! I'm not sure she knew how much I would love it since I lived in Japan one summer during high school. It was delicious and lots of fun to make!


Rice balls with seaweed wrap.


Udon Noodles.


Ingredients.


Over break, Andrew and I also did a considerable amount of thrifting. Among our wonderful finds were a Canon EOS Rebel Film camera with the lens in a bag in great condition for only $10! This became my Christmas present :) A new Nikon 17-35 mm lens which I also love. (I brought it back for my photography class and was going to take a picture of it to post, but it was the lens on my camera.) And a couple of books (of course), including this one chock full of vegetarian recipes. I really want to learn how to cook more vegetarian dishes. They are always so tasty and really healthy.

PS- No promises, but I am going to try to go back to the short-lived idea of a photo a day. I figure I'm in photography class so I should be taking at least that many a day. Hopefully I will have time to post them too. Peace.

5 comments:

N said...

Okay, did you really say you found a Nikon 17-35 mm lens while thrifting? That's awesome! I would love to have one of those for my canons but I would have to find it somewhere like at a thrift store or yard sale!

Allison said...

yes! it was a fabulous find!

mrs. c said...

How amazing that you found the lens...I have an old Nikon N-70, that you can use anytime, I am into digital now so I don't do film at all. Hope all is well with you!

Mickie said...

Hey Alli, really enjoyed your blog. the flowers look beautiful. Mickie

Sarah Endres said...

WHERE did you find the camera and lense while THRIFTING?!?!?! I must know...