Thursday, January 7, 2010

Relaxed reading...


We had a nice dusting of snow today- just enough to bring little birds out to play in the falling flakes. (It was actually strange how all of the little finches and even blue jays came out. The cold must make the worms come out of the ground.) Anyways, it was the perfect day for curling up in a blanket for some relaxing reading. I've been reading the old "Little House on the Prairie" series and love reading about the simplicity of the life of the pioneers. Makes me want to move out on a farm one day... Anyways tonight I plan on juicing some apples to make homemade cider in honor of the snow. Yummmm....

4 comments:

mrs. c said...

Yummy, what do you do to make apple juice like cider, just add spices? I know whose juicer you are using, I bet your dad is going to check your car when you go back to school to make sure it stays at home, aren't they great!

Desirae said...

Hey Allison! I hope things are going well... just wanted to say yay! Little House on the Prairie!

Anonymous said...

YAY, Little House! :-)

Jessica said...

Oooo! I love Little House on the Prairie and their simple lives. I have been wanted to read something like that lately with Miss V...I'll grab a copy from McKays. I LOVE to read thanks for the idea!