Monday, March 2, 2009

A little taste of daily Catania...



So last night, I got a
bit bored and adventurous and decided to take a stroll around Catania. People were out everywhere, perusing through stores, eating gelatto, chitting and chatting. Apparently, fare una passegiata ("to take a walk") is the thing to do on Sunday night if you are a Sicilian. I tried to take some cool night shots, but mostly miserably failed with my little camera. It is a great camera that I would highly recommend, but for low-light shots, being a basic camera, I really miss my d40. Alas, some of them turned out alright. This one above, I tried to get a cool blurred effect. I also antiqued it though the color wasn't good to begin with. Click here to see the other pictures I took.


Then this morning, I walked over to the fish market to grab some lunch. I bought some YUMMY cheese- a couple of differe
nt kinds. Cheese here is fabulous and there are about 34583475289345 different kinds. When I asked what kind the particular cheese was that I wanted to buy, the vendor answered "formaggio importante" ("the important cheese"). I thought that sounded good to me, so I went with it, and it was fabulous. I was planning on saving some for a late afternoon snack, but it didn't happen. Too tasty for that. I also had some really great fresh strawberries. I tried to take some pictures, but since I was with some people, I only snapped a couple. I didn't want to hold them up. Check those out here.

No comments: