Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dinner and some Antique Marketing

So after a time of no posts, you're getting two posts in two days. Oh my! :) But I really wanted to tell you guys about the weekend thus far. It has been lots of fun! Last night, we went to a nice restaurant right next to the dorms. It was yummy. Lots of fish and good antipasti (appetizers) and some really good seafood pasta and some artichoke risotto. You just come in and sit down and they start bringing you food. It's pretty great. There was also a great little Sicilian band playing songs from the Godfather among others. We were there for 3.5 hours eating and chatting. It can take a really long time to eat in Sicily. I'm not particularly complaining though. Then when we left, the owner gave us all roses. :)

Then this morning, my favorite part, a couple of friends and I ventured out to a
big outdoor antiques market they have on Sunday mornings. It is filled with lots of junk, but also lots of cool stuff. They have some awesome art and some really cool old postcards. I got one from 1916, 1922, and 1929. They have the stamps and people's messages and such- a few are blank, but I personally like the postmarkings and stamps. I thought they were super cool and could have spent a decent amount of money on them. They are only like 50 cents each so pretty good buys. Here is a picture of one I bought from Rome, 1929. It is a really cool print though you can't tell much from the picture. If you want one or two, let me know. They have all kinds, paintings, people, etc. Anyways, it was lots of fun.

I also wanted to share some great
Bible verses with you guys too. Andrew wrote me some letters to be opening while I am here (I know best boyfriend ever!) and included some really great Bible verses in them. They have all been so encouraging to me week after week as I try to commit them to memory and reflect on their meanings. Hopefully, they will do the same for you. Here's the one from this week:

"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God." Romans 5:1

Proclaim that for your life this week and see what happens. I dare you ;)

Well back to studying, and maybe a little basking in the sun... :)

No comments: