Thursday, March 19, 2009

Agrigento, Selinunte, and Jackie comes to visit!

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12: 9-13

So I'm a bit behind on the blogging and having a bit of trouble remembering everything that has happened.... My friend Jackie is in town so I have been spending lots of time exploring with her and laughing lots! :)

I'll start with this past weekend. We went on our first overnight fieldtrip to Agrigento and Selinunte. There were lots of temples that were in great condition. It was really beautiful and interesting. There were lots of unusual plants so when you check out my pictures (click here) please know that me and my naturey self really like the flowers so I took lots of pictures. We also got to eat a really yummy dinner Friday night- some tasty pasta, chicken, and really good pastry with ricotto. Then we went out to a bar that overlooked the beach with our professor. The hotel we stayed in was really nice and chic and also overlooked the beach as did the glass room we ate breakfast in on Saturday. We went to a couple of museums that had some really cool ancient pottery and such. A very good trip if you ask me.

Then Saturday, I met up with Jackie. We have been wondering around, hanging out with my Sicilian friends with the dorm (still my favorite part of the whole semester), and just generally having a good time. We went out that Saturday with a lot of our friends, Anna, Meg, Ciccio, Ciccio, Ciccio, (yes all three of them), Mario, and Paolo. It was lots of fun as they showed us what they like to do and then we went to see my Italian professor DJ at a bar. On Monday we went to Syracuse and today Jackie is visiting Taoromina. If we can figure out how to get there, tomorrow we are going to Mount Etna and hiking around to see some lava flows. YAY!

I'll be on spring break as of today at 4:30- woohoo!! So i may not be able to post for a while. I'll be off adventuring in Barcelona and Milan so you'll just have to accept my apologies :) Love and prayers as always, allison

so- i realize this isn't finished- no links, etc... but i will have to edit it soon. too much fun to be had outside :)

No comments: