Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ephesians 4:2

So though I do not have time to post about Rome quite yet (coming soon though I promise- just have to get a test and paper out of the way), I wanted to post this Bible verse of the week because it is wonderful in so many ways.

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:2

In a time in my life where I am not among a community of Christians which can be hard as they don't share the same ideals as me, I love this verse as I know all of you at home are "bearing with me in love." The Lord is teaching me so much in a time where I am so out of my comfort zone and among so many different people with so many different beliefs. It is challenging and beautiful at the same time. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. Mine are with you as well. Love you all. Hope you are having a great week!

1 comment:

Gary G said...

Allison

It is great to hear about your trip. It seems that you're seeing a lot about how the WORLD says it's ok to live a certain way. Stay strong in your relationship with Jesus Christ and just let the world be the world. It is pleasing to God to know that you have a relationship with Him that is not of the world but of your faith in Him. We're looking forward to seeing you again and continue to live your faith out each day. Feeling like a fish out of water is an experience that many Christians feel because we are a minority, keep up the positive spirit and enjoy the ride.

Gary G