Friday, April 17, 2009

Walking Lecture

Today's field trip was just a walk around Catania to see the sites here. I forgot to take my camera and thus don't have pictures, but it was lots of fun and very relaxing since it avoided 4 hours of bus riding. This afternoon, I did a bit of pleasure reading :) and some napping and even went for a run... my kind of day! The weather is still absolutely beautiful and I'm guessing it will stay this way for the rest of the semester (which is less than a month- oh man!).

I don't know that I updated the rest of the time I spent with Jackie, but due to rain, we weren't able to make it to Mount Etna and so we spent a day relaxing and reading and catching up- a bit disappointing, but still a great time was had. However, tomorrow we are going on a small day excursion to Mount Etna, which will be led by a geologist. I am SO EXCITED. Minus the early wake up call to catch the bus, it should be a great adventure. Check for pictures and stories soon!

No comments: