Friday, January 30, 2009

fai una passeggiata anyone?

so after many many miles of walking... try about 10 miles (7 miles yesterday and about 3 already today)... and lots of orientation fun, i am exhausted. but i also have done lots of exploring in Catania, which is a WONDERFUL city. It is old and a little run-down, but in a perfect sort of unique way. The walls are heavy with history. Basically, I love it and it could be my favorite city to-date. I also really like the people. They are very chill and love to help out with anything. Since I am so exhausted and have more exploring planned with friends tonight, I won't recount every detail at the moment- but more later I promise. Things I have loved thus far about Sicily....

1) If you are driving and don't have room to pass the drivers in front of you, drive on the shoulder.
2) If there are drivers trying to pass already on the shoulder and you want to pass them, drive on the sidewalk.
3) While doing these things, disregard human life aka- run over the people and keep going. (It happens. We've seen it and then when we reported it to our RA this morning, he said it's common and happens everyday in Catania.)
4) Therefore, beware of cars. :)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sounds like you're in for one adventurous semester. I'm glad you love it. :)