Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wedding Flower Ideas

I promise I will post a Christmas update soon, but in the meantime, I am up to my head in wedding planning which includes flowers. And per a special request, I am going to post lots of pictures and I would love to know what you think. I am working on a color palette (I know a bit belated) and I would LOVE FEEDBACK so be sure to leave it. At first I thought I would go with mostly wildflowers as opposed to roses, but the more I work, the more I like the look of roses paired with a bit of a wildflowery vibe so check these out. Note: The bridesmaid dresses are a dusty navy chiffon so not too dark and not at all shiny like a lot of bridesmaids dresses. They are very airy. Let me know what you think about these combos of navy dresses with these blush pink and ivory bouquets. This first one is my favorite. I like the wildflowers with the roses. I would probably do an ivory rose instead of the bright white that is listed here.

7 comments:

Rachel Morgan said...

I love the first one!

mrs. c said...

i love the frist one, right about an ivory...it would be softer! I also like peonies...they look like roses but are less formal, they also have an incredible smell. the farm in Franklin might even have them in late May. I can do that simple bouquet, the stems are all exposed and tied with a satin ribbon, perhaps one of your colors.

allicatrenfro said...

2nd one on the left is my favorite because i love the little round flower & the flower that looks like daisies; 3rd one on the right has great look and color that i think would really 'pop' with navy bmaid dresses, and i love the brides bouquet on the 2nd post you made about flowers. and peonies. peonies are so sweet and come in a lot of different colors. great ideas miss al!!!

Whitney Lane said...

I love all of them, but was wondering if you had found someone to do your flowers yet? We had Steve from Garden Delights in Franklin do ours and he was AMAZING. I couldn't recommend him enough. I told him the feel of our wedding and he had me sketch out my dress, then came up with unbelievable ideas and bouquets. Just a thought!

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful! I agree that ivory with a bit of wildflower feel will be very classic. I love the little green beads in the first one - it gives some color and makes it more casual. I had them in my bouquets. Of course, I love hydrangeas, so the centerpiece several rows down on the left is my favorite look. I ended up using roses too when I wasn't expecting to do so initially. Using different flowers gives a very eclectic feel. Have fun and most importantly, DO WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE, FOR IT IS YA'LL'S DAY!! Love you- Britt

Meredith said...

I love the pinker ones...bright white roses are so sterile. YOUR WEDDING IS GOING TO BE SO PRETTY baaahh I have to go find Emily S-K so we can obsess more

Emily said...

The first one is beautiful, and I love love LOVE the twine in the second picture. I think it's really pretty, almost rustic, and seems like it would go well with "dusty navy chiffon." I love the ivory/blush pink combination; It will be unbelieveably gorgeous with your dress (minus the computer-generated sparkles, ha!) I think the first one is better than the mostly white one (3) and the mostly pink ones (4). Thanks for posting these pictures so Mere and I can be our wedding-obsessed selves.